Free Consultations for Cosmetic Procedures
The Mommy Makeover Checklist
The Mommy Makeover is ideal if you find that you match the following criteria:
- You’re in good overall health. This is a general prerequisite for most surgeries, elective or non-elective.
- You don’t intend to have more children. While you may elect to have children after performing a mommy makeover, doing so will put your body through the same stresses as your previous pregnancies, and may reverse the results from your mommy makeover procedure.
- You aren’t currently breastfeeding. It is recommended to wait until you’ve fully stopped breastfeeding, or at least three months after giving birth, if you elect to not breastfeed.
- You’ve reached a healthy weight, which you intend to maintain. Weight fluctuations can negatively impact the results of your Mommy Makeover, so you’ll want to keep them to a minimum, with proper dieting and regular exercise. Excess weight gain OR weight loss will diminish the effectiveness of your mommy makeover procedures, so achieving your desired long term weight prior to your procedure is important.
- Be sure you can commit to the recovery period. Your recovery time will depend on your individual body, and which procedures are performed, but you must be able to commit to the recovery period your surgeon advises.