5 Medical Benefits of a Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck can help you look and feel your best, but did you know it also comes with several health benefits? Five medical benefits of tummy tuck include:
- Easier weight maintenance. Studies show that bariatric patients who underwent a tummy tuck procedure are more likely to keep the weight off than patients who didn’t finish their body transformation with a tummy tuck.
- Better posture. With excess skin and tissue removed, and strengthened and tightened abdominal muscles, you can naturally stand taller and find relief from the back pain that may have been plaguing you.
- Less urinary incontinence. An unfortunate side of effect of childbirth is often urinary incontinence. During a tummy tuck, your surgeon may be able to obstruct the bladder with soft tissue to alleviate the condition.
- Hernia relief. Ventral hernias can occur after a C-section or appendectomy because of weak abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck can correct this issue and help tighten the abdominal muscles.
- Increased ability to exercise. Weak abs and excess abdominal skin can make it difficult and uncomfortable to exercise. After you’ve recovered from your tummy tuck, you’ll likely find that you enjoy and engage in exercise more. More frequent exercise is better for your overall health and well-being.
Are you ready to find out if a tummy tuck is right for you? Call Allure Plastic Surgery today at (212) 661-2563 to schedule your consultation with one of our highly skilled New York plastic surgeons. We welcome patients throughout New York City, Manhattan, and Long Island.