November is National Healthy Skin Month. Celebrate by refreshing your skin care routine with these helpful tips.
- Wash your face daily with gentle cleansers. You probably already have a morning beauty routine, but washing your face after workouts and washing your makeup off before you sleep are important steps to keeping your skin looking youthful and healthy.
- Use sunscreen daily. Recent surveys showed that 70% of women aged 18 to 34 don’t wear sunscreen daily. The suns harmful rays are one of the biggest culprits in prematurely aging skin. Take care of your skin with a daily application of SPF 30 broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Sleep well. A good night’s sleep does more than rest your mind. It also allows your body time to rebuild cells and rebalance your hydration. Aim for seven to nine hours of sleep a night, and you will really feel like you got beauty rest.
- Eat a balanced diet. Putting healthful foods in your body, gives your skin the nutrients it needs for a healthy glow. Remember to drink plenty of water too to keep your skin hydrated.
- Moisturize. Apply your favorite moisturizer directly out of the shower while your skin is still damp. This will help to lock in moisture and keep your skin feel soft and smooth throughout the day.
At Allure Plastic Surgery, we can help you rejuvenate your skin with skin peels and skin tightening treatments. Call us today at (212) 661-2563 to schedule your consultation and find the right cosmetic procedure to achieve your goals. We welcome patients throughout the New York City, Manhattan, and Long Island areas.