STATEN ISLAND, NEWYORK – As we age, one of the first places where signs of aging become apparent is our face. This isn’t exactly convenient when your face is about the only body part you can’t cover completely with out looking like – well, a robber.
But have no fear ladies and gents. There are many wrinkle reducing treatments – seven in fact – that provide excellent results with little to no downtime.
Here’s the breakdown from Dr. Andrew Miller, one of the best plastic surgeons in Staten Island:
- Chemical Peels – Also called chemexfoliation or derma peeling, a chemical peel is an excellent way to improve your skin’s texture and clarity. Rejuvenation is achieved by applying a chemical solution to the skin which provides a controlled “burn,” prompting the skin to peel. This reveals fresh skin that is typically smoother, less discolored and less wrinkled than old skin. Areas commonly treated with chemical peels include face, neck, décolletage and hands.
- Laser Treatments – Laser resurfacing with the Fraxel is a fantastic way to rid your skin of discoloration, fine lines and wrinkles. The laser removes tiny fractions of old/damaged tissue, leaving behind healthy islands of skin. While this sounds gruesome and like it would require lots of downtime, the healthy islands of skin left behind actually promote rapid healing, which means you are recovered in as few as 3 days.
- Botox – Botox, also known as Botulinum Toxin A, is used most commonly to reduce crow’s feet, forehead lines and other fine lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle contractions – think smiling, squinting and frowning. By strategically administering small doses of this toxin into culprit muscles, we can temporarily paralyze them, effectively reducing the depth of the creases they cause. Results last approximately four months.
- Collagen – Collagen is a protein that is found throughout your body that is responsible for your skin’s plumpness. Collagen injections are used to fill finer lines and wrinkles other fillers cannot. The best results are achieved with subsequent injections.
- Hyaluronic Acid (Restylane & Juvederm) – Probably the most popular injectable dermal fillers on the market today, Restylane and Juvederm use hyaluronic acid – a natural component found in skin – to plump and support features that have grown gaunt with age. Results typically last four to eight months.
- Polylactic Acid (Sculptra) – Polylactic Acid is a breakthrough dermal filler that reduces wrinkles by promoting new collagen formation. Sculptra is usually administered in a series spanning three months and produces results that last an average of two years.
- Fat transfer – Fat harvested through liposuction of the arms, hips thighs or stomach, can be purified and used to correct troublesome areas of the face. If you are already in the office having a tummy tuck or another body contouring procedure, you can have your fat harvested for future fat transfers at that time. Extra fat is stored in the freezer so over the course of a year, you and your surgeon can slowly build your results to the desired level with subsequent injections. Fat transfer provides the longest lasting results of all filler procedures.
To learn more about how dermal fillers at our Staten Island office can help you turn back the clock and which one is right for you, call today for a free initial consultation. Allure Plastic Surgery also offers popular procedures that include the Brazilian butt lift, male breast reduction, rhinoplasty and breast augmentation in Staten Island.